At Loyal we have reverential respect for the environment. At all the manufacturing units, Loyal has both ETP and STP, besides rain water harvesting. Treated water and water from rain water harvesting are the main sources of water at Loyal’s plants. A total of over 75 million litres of rain
water storage has been created in the various units of the Loyal group.
Large number of different birds reside in the mill premises; thanks to the large open tanks created for storing rain water and the presence of several fruit bearing trees cultivated specially for the birds to feed upon. The huge water bodies together with a dense cultivation of thorny bushes inter-spaced with fruit trees has become the home to over 500 Peacocks, besides several other species.
Loyal Group is working towards becoming a net carbon dioxide consumer rather than an emitter. Loyal’s energy requirements are being increasingly met by its own wind farms. The fire wood requirements too are being increasingly met by captive firewood plantation. The Group’s corporate office has followed all the recommendations of the Green building code and is under certifications.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ISO 14001)
Complying with applicable environmental legislations, and going beyond for the betterment of the environment:
- Conserving natural resources through responsible management of energy and water use
- Dyeing of fabrics using extremely water frugal technology and E-control dyeing
- Waste water C.O.D. and B.O.D. reduced to acceptable levels using a combination of bio tower and
- Reducing environmental impacts through reuse, recycle and minimization of waste
- Adopting cost effective measures in the prevention of pollution from our processes
- Motivating and preparing all employees to take personal accountability for protecting the
- Planning, implementing and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Regularly reviewing and improving our environmental management system
In order to reduce specific energy consumption, several measures are being taken continuously. The new unit set up in Andhra Pradesh has only LED and solar lighting systems.
WATER TREATMENT AND USAGE AT THE PROCESS HOUSE
The dye house is equipped with the most water frugal machines and can boast to be one of the lowest specific water consumption facility. The waste water is treated using bio-towers, bio-ponds and finally electro-catalytic oxidation to remove colours. This is the most non-toxic process that produces insignificant amount of solids. The caustic soda used is recovered almost fully from the wash water.
THE GREEN BELT
The present green cover is spread over 110 acres and houses over 8,000 trees. Efforts are taken tokeep adding acreage to the green cover.